Repeat after me.
Yes, it’s a mouthful 🙂 Packed chockfull of ingredients too. This was one of the goodies that I won in the Vivawoman giveaway.
Lumi*Essence Treatment is an Anti-Dark Spot Concentrate recommended for:
- Dark spots / Sun spots / Age spots
- Uneven skin, Melazma
- Skin discolorationsLumi*Essence visibly corrects dark spots and helps even skin tone with a breakthrough formula that delivers professional-grade results. Contains Kojic Acid (helps lighten and reduce the appearance of dark spots), Alpha-Arbutin (derived from the leaves of cranberry, blueberry and bearberry shrubs. Skin lightening agent that prevents conversion of pigment-forming enzymes) Papaya and Pineapple extract (provides intense exfoliation to help reduce the size and color intensity of dark spots and help even skin tone). Niacinamide has an inhibitory effect on the transfer of melanosomes to skin cells, thus it can interrupt the process that causes irregular pigmentation to form. Milk thistle(sometimes called Silymarine) There are many studies that show it to be effective as an anti-oxidant, an anti-inflammatory, and for UV protection and repair. It has also been shown to reduce the spread of skin cancer.
- The appearance of dark spots and discoloration is visibly diminished
- Skin radiance is increased
- Skin complexion is more uniform
- Lightweight, fast absorbing essence leaves skin fresh
- Artificial Fragrance free
- Non comedogenic
- Safe for sensitive skin
Directions: Apply a pea size amount on your entire face am and pm. If your skin is oily, it may be enough to be used all on it’s own, for moisturizing properties also. If your skin is dry, you may need another moisturizer to be applied on top. To prevent and avoid any further sun damage, application on SPF product during the day is essential if sun exposure cannot be avoided.
The ingredients are…
Ingredients: Purified Water, Organic Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe), Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower Oil), Glyceryl Stearate, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Octyl Palmitate, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Butter), Cetyl Alcohol, Potassium Stearate, Organic Beeswax, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Hyaluronic Acid, Alpha-Arbutin, Organic Centella Asiatica (Kojic Acid), Rosa Damascena (Rose) Essential Oil, Calophyllum Tacamahaca (Tamanu Oil), Organic Borago Officinalis (Borage Oil), Organic Linum Usitatissimum (Flax Seed Oil), Organic Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose Oil), Organic Rosa Canina (Rose Hip Oil), Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Organic Lycium Barbarium (Goji Berry) Fruit Extract, CoQ10, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Organic Ganoderma Lucidum (Reishi), Caviar Extract, Organic Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate), Silk Protein Amino Acid Blend (Sodium L-Pyrrolidone Carboxylate, Sodium Lactate, L-Arginine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Pyrrolidonecarboxylic Acid, Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Serine, L-Valine, L-Proline, L-threonine, L-Isoleucine, L-Histidine, L-Phenylalanine), Organic Silybum Marianum (Milk Thistle), Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil, Organic Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry), Organic Myrica Cerifera (Bayberry), Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Essential Oil, Helichrysum Italicum (Helichrysum Essential Oil), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn Oil), Carica Papaya (Papaya), Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Niacinamide, Pearl Powder, Citrus Limon (Lemon Essential Oil), OrganicAspalathus linearis (Rooibos Tea) Extract, Silica, Allantoin, Organic Arnica Montana (Arnica), Organic Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Organic Calendula Officinalis (Calendula), Organic Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia (Macadamia Nut Oil), Sodium Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Ethyl Hexyl Glycerin.
What do I think about it?
First off, I love the airless pump packaging. Dispensing a precise amount is pretty easy. 1 pump is enough for my face, neck and decollete.
The treatment essence is an off-white light lotion that smells pretty strongly of helichrysum and something botanical. It doesn’t linger long on the skin, so not a real cause of concern.
It’s very light and spreads easily, without leaving a white cast.
It sinks in pretty quickly and there’s no greasy look to it. The skin does feel softer, but not particularly moisturised. As I only use this in the mornings, I do slather on sunblock over this. It does not impede the absorption of my sunblock and doesn’t cause my foundation (powder/liquid/cream) to pill. I do enjoy using it.
As to its brightening effects, I’d have to say this does seem to work. I’ve only been using this the past 3 weeks on most mornings and my tan has faded pretty fast and evenly. While it’s done nothing for my freckles or small spots, my skin has been on a pretty good run lately except for the periodical pimple or two.
The price of this at US$35 for a 2oz/60ml bottle is pretty fair and I’d recommend this if you have someone in the US to bring this back for you (as intl shipping is pricey on Sweetsation Therapy’s website). However, I do find the length of the ingredient list a bit of a joke. While the intent is good… I’m guessing the amount of each ingredient further down the list is probably too miniscule to be effective. The expiry date is listed on a sticker at the base of the bottle, along with the lot number, so that’s good for an Indie skincare company unlike others that sell skincare without such attention to detail.
I’d recommend this a try if (a) you live in the US so no heft shipping (b) you’re looking for a light textured brightening serum (c) not allergic to any of the botanical components used in this treatment and (d) don’t mind smelling of helichrysum for a couple of minutes.
~*Item reviewed was included in a giveaway*~